When we say no to military intervention in Iraq, it’s good to be able to say yes to some alternative steps. Our Quaker friends at FCNL (Friends Committee on National Legislation) offer 5 Steps to Help Stop the Killing in Iraq. FCNL excels at promoting positive action for peace. Read the full article for explanations of the following steps.
1. Reject more U.S. military intervention, which would increase violence.
2. Publicly support a comprehensive political settlement between the key parties to the conflict, inside and outside of Iraq.
3. Halt unconditional military aid to Iraq.
4. Convene a conference to establish a comprehensive arms embargo to Iraq and Syria.
5. Increase and better allocate humanitarian funds to address humanitarian crisis.
You can express your opinion to President Obama by calling the White House hotline at 202-456-1111 (business hours) or email at www.whitehouse.gov/contact
Click here to find your members of Congress and let them know where you stand.